Last weekend ended up being absolutely beautiful in the city. Typically August is unbearably hot and humid, but for whatever reason this month has been so enjoyable. Each day last weekend was in the mid 70s, the sun was out, and there was a nice breeze. On Sunday morning, we decided to take full advantage of the weather, and headed uptown to take Hadley to Central Park and grab an early breakfast and latte at one of my favorite spots (Blue Stone Lane) in their new location.
With the moderate weather, I finally had a chance to pull out a lightweight sweater and my new pair of ankle booties from Sole Society. One thing I love about Sole Society is they frequently offer bags in the same colors as their shoes, making it easy to match and style outfits! This taupe tote is the perfect bag for spending a day out and about.
I often get questions about where to brunch or suggestions for cute cafes uptown, so I thought I would share five of my go-to coffee shops on the Upper East Side. If any of you have tried others I missed, please leave them in the comments below as I love hearing about new spots!
1. Blue Stone Lane ( 5th Ave between 89th & 90th) – Great outdoor seating area, one of my favorite almond milk lattes and the yummiest avocado smash!
2. Saint Ambroeus (3rd Ave between 66th & 67th) – This location just opened and is a Milan-inspired New York cafe.
3. Whoops! (2nd Ave between 60th & 61st) – A super tiny, but totally adorable (and Instagramable) place. The perfect stop to fulfill your sweet tooth and pick up an iced coffee and macaroon.
4. The Coffee Inn (1st Ave between & 70th)- My favorite choice for a grab and go coffee. The workers are super friendly and make their coffee strong!
5. DT*UT (2nd Ave & 91st) – They serve s’mores and coffee…need I say more?!