One of the most common questions I have received throughout this pregnancy is what I have been doing to keep active. For me, keeping active throughout was important for a few different reasons, but mainly to continue to feel good about myself, stay healthy for this little babe and just a great way to clear the mind and have a little “me” time throughout the day. Below are some of the things that worked best for me!
Take the “long way” – What I mean by this is besides just getting up and going, make it a point to take the longer way to where you are headed when traveling by foot. Prioritizing Hadley’s walks has been a huge help in staying active and we always try and head somewhere new or take a different route than the day before. If you happen to be driving somewhere you can park in the furthest spot so you have to walk a bit longer to your destination. Think outside the box on how you can extend your typical walks and exercise to increase activity throughout the day! Another fun idea Matt and I love to do is pick a new neighborhood in the city or Brooklyn to explore. Half the time you aren’t even paying attention to all the steps you are taking and it is a great way to get in some extra exercise.
Invest in cute, but practical workout gear – This is one of my favorites (of course), but it truly does motivate me! You all know I have been a huge fan of Lolë for quite some time and Matt even jumped on board when they came out with their men’s line. If you aren’t familiar, Lolë believes wellness is a lifestyle and creates designs that move with you while you are on the go. What I really love about their pieces is that you can easily be worn from workout to brunch/lunch/dinner and each piece is incredibly well designed and comfortable.
Currently, their spring new arrival collection is AMAZING and I have styled a few of my favorite pieces throughout this post. I thought it would be helpful to share a few facts about the pieces I picked and answer any sizing questions, especially for you pregnant mamas who might be in the same boat as me!
- Piper Rain Jacket – I fell in love with the pastel color “pink salt” for spring, but this waterproof and rain resistant jacket comes in 6 colors! I went with a size XS as I found this style jacket runs on the slightly larger side (I could still zip up with the bump). Another favorite feature is that is comes with a small pouch you can pack the jacket up in and easily take along for travel (or even just toss in your everyday bag).
- Constance Zip Jacket – Available in 4 colors and honestly the SOFTEST material. I love the mock neck detail and have been living in this zip-up around the house and out and about. I went with the size medium, which has plenty of room for the bump, even when zipped!
- Assent Modal Long Sleeve Top – The coziest top to toss on and go! It is made with 76% Lenzing Modal® which is a naturally soft, eco-friendly fabric that is made from sustainably forested Austrian beech trees. Did you know that Lenzing Modal® is also hypoallergenic?! What’s even cooler is this top is also OEKO-TEX® certified therefore it’s free of harmful chemicals! This top is perfect for a workout or running errands. I love the back twist detail and that it is available in 4 colors (I am wearing a medium in the “chalk heather”).
- Aerin Seamless Bra – One of my favorite items because of how comfortable it is! Even with being seamless, it provides the perfect amount of support (and this is coming from someone who has had to go up a size in bras since getting pregnant). I wore it to barre class the other night and while out and about all day. Perfect for low-impact workouts!
- Parisia High Waisted Leggings – These iconic Lolë leggings have a 4-way stretch and lined with COOLMAX® ALL SEASON, which transports moisture away from the body. They are available in 6 colors/patterned and I sized up to the medium for the end of my pregnancy. ALSO, I did fold down the waistband to be a bit more comfortable along the bump at this stage of my pregnancy (37 weeks).
Pure Barre – This one comes as no surprise as you hear me talk about it non-stop, but I have an obsession with Pure Barre and it is the one workout I have always loved doing and look forward to going to. The instructors are great about providing modifications and even if you just do bits and pieces of the class the further along you are, it feels good to get out and about!
Wear an activity tracker – This goes a little bit with my first idea, but when I wear my Apple Watch I find myself paying much more attention to actually trying to complete my daily step goal. Sometimes this even means an extra walk with Hadley, taking the steps up to our apartment instead of the elevator, etc! I find it to be such a useful tool to stay on track and there are so many options out there to get the job done (affordable and more investment activity trackers).
One other set by Lolë I am LOVING…such a sucker for a matching set!
This matching set not only has a 4-way stretch, is sweat-wicking, lined COOLMAX® ALL SEASON, but it is eco-friendly as they are bluesign® certified (which means they protect the environment and you all from harmful chemicals throughout the creation of their products!) Therefore it is also free of harmful toxic chemicals which is an extra bonus! Make sure you size up with this collection as it runs on the smaller side. I am wearing a large sports bra and medium bottoms.
A big thanks to Lolë for partnering on this post!