Fresh off our Naples, Florida trip it got my wheels spinning and thinking that sharing five items I always pack when I travel with you all would be something you might enjoy. As much as I dread packing when I travel (I am so indecisive and always want to bring everything), there are few items that always make the list! With that being said, if you have any must-haves when you travel I would love to know so make sure you share them below! I hope you all have a great weekend and happy Friday!
- Travel Steamer – I am a bit OCD when it comes to wrinkles and this steamer comes with me everywhere! I recently bought this one that is slightly larger in size, but I can take it abroad. I busted one too many steamers that weren’t the right voltage when overseas so excited to have one that finally works. When traveling within the US though my go-to is always the smaller one…much easier to pack.
- Comfy (but cute) flats – Being married to Matt, we walk A LOT on any and every trip we take. While I am used to this living in the city, I always need to make sure I have a pair of comfy, yet practical flats for the day. While I wear sneakers when I can, I also like to look cute and style outfits (duh), so Sole Society honestly has been my go-to for comfy shoe and sandal options. This new pair of leopard espadrilles are the perfect transitional shoe to go from winter to spring. They come in a few colors, but I love how easily they slide on and you can wear them the entire day!
- A Scarf – Sounds simple and silly, but I get the most use out of a scarf when I bring it along on any trip year round. It is easy to pack or wear and comes in handy for a chilly flight or evening, can double as a blanket for a little babe (mom brain already starting), add a new touch to a simple look, etc. This one by White and Warren is a splurge, but to be honest my most worn! They have so many fun colors, but if investing the money I would say stick with a neutral. Here is another much more affordable option as well.
- TRUFFLE Bags – I feel like I have been talking about these bags non stop lately, but I am just utterly obsessed and have been for years. They just make everything SO MUCH EASIER. I have both the large and small size in the Clarity Pouch (small // large) and Clarity Clutch (small // large – they also offer mini), the Jetset Case (great for smaller items such as you travel size products) and the Jewelry Case (I keep a few necklaces on the bottom under the pouch and fill the pouch with earrings – this is small enough to fit on my carry-on which I prefer so my necklaces don’t get super tangled…still trying to figure out that trick!). A few ways I use the pouches and clutches: keep all electronics cords in one (portable charger, computer and iPhone chargers, ear buds, etc) // a small one filled with everyday items (chapstick, pen, Invisalign retainer case (sexy, I know), glasses, etc) that I can easily transfer when I swap out bags) // you all saw I used a large one on the beach in my beach bag for all my sunblocks and chapsticks…honestly the list is endless. I could talk about these cases for hours, but I will end here…just also tossing out that they would make SUCH a cute gift idea!!
- A versatile travel outfit – What I mean by this is that if you are tight on packing (aka trying to make a carry-on work for your trip like I typically do), you want to wear an outfit to travel in that is comfy, but also a piece you are able to style a few ways while on your trip. I love this body-con midi dress (it’s from a maternity site, but honestly looks non-maternity and you wouldn’t need a bump to wear it, wearing the size 0 – more affordable style here+ here) and it can be styled a million different ways. Dress it up with heels or keep it casual like I have shown here, add a scarf, some statement earrings, a military style jacket…the options are endless!
Body-con Dress (wearing size 0 – honestly would work bump or no bump) // Leopard Espadrilles (tts) // Weekender Bag // Wide Brim Hat // Initial Necklace // Horn Necklace // Longer Pendent // Sunglasses