While home in PA this past weekend, Matt and I swung by one of my favorite local coffee shops to enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up. It is no surprise that I LOVE coffee and literally go to bed dreaming about my morning cup. Lately, with having only one cup a day, I try and make it a really good one, where I put some major TLC into my order or how I doctor it up at home.
This all got me thinking that it would be fun to share my 5 go-to coffee orders with you all and you all could share your go-to orders with me (and everyone reading) in the comments below so we can all get a few new ideas!
I also wanted to share two new items I picked up recently from Ann Taylor that are getting a lot of use. This cozy tunic sweater with button detailing and these leopard slides. Both have been on major rotation lately and can easily transition into the next few months and spring…whenever that will arrive.
Now, lets get into my 5 favorites…
- If I am making a cup of coffee at home, I will add a little bit of cinnamon to the bottom of my cup before brewing the coffee. In addition to the cinnamon, if I am looking for a hint of something sweet I have been loving all of Califia Farms creamers…especially their peppermint mocha (holiday edition). I will add 1 spoonful of their creamer and then finish off with the desired amount of almond milk for a yummy treat (if feeling extra fancy, I will froth the milk).
- My number one most ordered coffee when out and about is an almond milk latte. Pretty simple and basic, but oh so delicious! This is also Matt’s go-to drink, we referred to them in the fam as “AMLs.”
- Since we are still in the winter months (even if it is post holiday), this is my favorite sweet treat drink from Starbucks, but lightened up a bit. I ask for a: Skinny Peppermint Mocha with 2 pumps peppermint and 2 pumps mocha and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Trust me when I tell you you wont miss the extra “pumps” they usually put in!
- Taking you back a few months to my favorite at-home fall coffee to make, it is a WAY lightened up pumpkin spice latte. Similar to above, I place a good amount of pumpkin pie spice in the bottom of my cup before brewing, then froth some almond milk to add on top and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Last, but not least, a cinnamon vanilla latte! This is great when you want an option that isn’t as coffee heavy.