You all know I love sharing healthy recipes! I share the most via Instagram Stories – (@styledsnapshots) and have made it a point to add more to the blog as well! I even added a new section under categories called “Health + Fitness” where I will continue to add these types of posts! As much as I love sharing the fashion component, I equally enjoy writing the more educational posts as well.
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and helps me fuel up and get ready to take on the day. While there are weeks where I typically make the same thing each morning, I do try and switch it up a bit when I can. I thought it would be fun to share 5 of my easy and healthy breakfast ideas for you all incase you want to add them to your morning routine!
I try and eat breakfast within the first 1-2 hours of being awake if possible. Before I eat though, I always have at least 30 ounces of water and then can enjoy my breakfast and morning coffee. It is important to keep your body hydrated throughout the day and also helps you to not over eat. This bottle is perfect for daily hydration, it holds 32 ounces and is BPA free.
– PROTEIN PANCAKES –
- 1/2C Kodiak Cake mix
- 1/2C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1T Vanilla
- 1T Cinnamon
I recently discovered Kodiak Cakes which is a protein packed pancake mix. I LOVE pancakes and waffles, but typically steer clear of having them as I usually am hungry again less than an hour later. This mix though does just the opposite. It is packed with protein (14g per serving – I get 3 pancakes out of one serving) and leaves you feeling full all morning. My third pancake in this batch looked like a hot mess so I left it out of the photo, but one serving is a great size! I like to spice my pancakes up a bit, so listing out my recipe here.
– RICE CAKE W/ EGG + AVOCADO –
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- Rice Cake
- 1/2 Avocado
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
This is one of my favorites for breakfast and so quick and easy to make, especially if you hard boil a batch of eggs in the beginning of the week. While I used a rice cake here, you can also swap for a piece of toast (I prefer Ezekiel) or GG Crackers!
– NUTRIENT PACKED SMOOTHIE –
- Plain Almond Milk Greek Yogurt (Kite Hill is my favorite)
- Hnadful Spinach or Kale (or both!)
- Frozen berries or a unsweetened acai packet (have found at Trader Joe’s + Whole Foods)
- 1/3 Frozen Banana
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (I eyeball, start small and add as you blend if need be)
- 1T Ground flax seed
- 1T Chia seeds
- 1T Maca powder – Trader Joe’s now sells!
- 1T Hemp seeds – Also at Trader Joe’s
- 1t Tumeric
- 1 Spirulina cube
- Top with granola (I love Purely Elizabeth)
A few years ago my in-laws got me a Magic Bullet for Christmas and ever since then I have been obsessed! It is so easy to use and you can either keep your smoothie (or whatever you make) in the container you mix it in or transfer to a cup or mason jar and enjoy!
– BRUSSELS SPROUTS + AN EGGS OVER EASY –
- 1-2T Coconut oil
- 1/3 – 1/2 A bag of shaved Brussels sprouts (it looks like a lot, but they wilt down a bit)
- 2 Eggs
- Everything but the bagel seasoning (TJs)
- Toast (optional, I like it to dip in the yolk)
Add the coconut oil to the frying pan and add Brussel sprouts. Sauté for a few minutes until they appear to be cooked a bit and wilt down slightly. Make a hole in the middle of the pan and crack in your two eggs. Add a generous amount of everything but the bagel seasoning and once the whites of the eggs cook enough to flip, flip those bad boys over and cook for another minute. I like to leave my yolk runny to mix together with the Brussels sprouts, but you can cook to your liking! Top with Sriracha and enjoy!
– OVERNIGHT OATS –
- 1/2C Quick-cook Oats (or Steel Cut Quick-cook)
- 1/2C (slightly more) Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1T Chia Seeds
- 1T Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2T Cinnamon
- 1/2T Honey
- Handful of blueberries + raspberries
- When ready to eat, top with sliced almonds and coconut
I have fun on Pinterest and search “overnight oats” constantly looking for new ideas and combinations! So many yummy ones to try. This one is just simple and I had blueberries in my fridge and a banana so used what I had on hand. Mix everything together (easiest in a mason jar) and you can let it sit overnight in your fridge. Breakfast is ready first thing in the morning! You can also make a few at a time to keep on hand for throughout the week.