Hi guys! I have been sharing on Instastories the past few weeks a few quick, easy and healthy recipes that I absolutely love. You all seemed interested in what I was cooking so I thought it would be fun to finally share them with you all! Like I mentioned before, these (minus the smoothie) are not my own recipes , but ones that I found online and have made a bunch of times and love. There are some modifications that I have made to them which I will list out below. As always, let me know if you have any questions and I will continue to capture and share new recipes as I make them! Also, I frequently update my “healthy” Pinterest board if you interested and wanted to check that out as well.
MY GO-TO NUTRIENT PACKED SMOOTHIE
- Almond milk yogurt (Kite Hill is my favorite)
- Spinach or kale
- Frozen berries
- 1/3 Frozen banana
- Almond milk
- Ground flax seed (about 1T)
- Chia seeds (about 1t)
- Maca powder (1T) – Trader Joe’s now sells!
- Hemp seeds (1T) – Also at Trader Joe’s
- Tumeric (1t)
- 1 Spirulina cube
- Top with granola (I love Purely Elizabeth)
A few years ago my in-laws got me a Magic Bullet for Christmas and ever since then I have been obsessed! It is so easy to use and you can either keep your smoothie (or whatever you make) in the container you mix it in or transfer to a cup or mason jar and enjoy!
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WRAPS + A DAIRY-FREE RANCH DRESSING
This is hands down one of my favorite things ever! Even Matt kept saying how delicious this was. Super simple and pretty quick to make and stores well for leftovers as well. I have tried a few recipes, but this one has been my favorite with a few modifications. I subbed the soy milk for almond milk (I try and avoid soy whenever possible) in both the cauliflower and the dressing. I also decided to make this into a wrap using a whole wheat tortilla, lettuce and avocado.
Dairy-free Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1C Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/2T Fresh Dill (I used dry which is what I had on hand)
- 2T Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2T Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1/2t Garlic Powder
- 1/4t Onion Powder
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/4t Cracked Pepper
Buffalo Cauliflower Ingredients:
- 3/4C All-purpose Flour
- 1C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1t Garlic Powder
- 1/2t Salt
- 1/4t Cracked Pepper
- 1 Head of Cauliflower (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3T Dairy-free Butter
- 5oz Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1T Honey
- Cooking Spray
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
Dairy-free Ranch – Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, cover and place in refrigerator. I like to make this way in advance so all the flavors can blend together.
Buffalo Cauliflower –
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and place an oven bake rack on top. Coat well with cooking spray.
- Prepare batter – Combine 3/4C flour, 1C almond milk, 1t garlic powder, 1/2t salt, 1/4t cracked pepper. Whisk until smooth and thick and then gently toss the cauliflower in until each piece is evenly coated.
- Place cauliflower onto rack (leaving space in between each piece) and bake for 20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Melt 3T dairy-free butter and mix with 5oz of Franks Red Hot Sauce and 1T honey. Whisk together. When cauliflower is ready, remove from oven and mix with hot sauce mixture.
- Spray cooking rack again and place back in over for 10 minutes. I ended up turning on the broiler for 3-5 more minutes afterwards to get an extra crispy crunch.
KALE AND SWEET POTATO BROWN RICE BOWL
If you guys don’t follow her already, Brittany from Eating Bird Food has been one of my favorite food bloggers for years! This kale and sweet potato brown rice bowl master piece she came up with is one of the yummiest meals to make and a crowd pleaser. I typically double the peanut sauce so I have extra on hand in the fridge to toss on zoodles, dip shrimp into, drizzle over kabobs and so much more. I follow her recipe to a T and it turns out great every time!