This past weekend I spent it out in Montauk, which was absolutely perfect. Nestled about 3 hours out of the city, Montauk is a go-to destination for New Yorkers during the summer weekends. The weather could not have been any more beautiful and I enjoyed soaking up the sun, walking the town, and spending the day on the beach. A little side note, whenever I travel I try and remember to bring along a speaker to play music. I love how compact (and waterproof) this one is for the beach and this is a great option for a speaker for your hotel room/rental house!
I finally got to pack a few of my favorite pieces for summer and thought I would share my outfits from the weekend with you all, as well as a few snaps from while we were out and about. Our last night there we had dinner at Navy Beach and watched the most gorgeous sunset. If you happen to be visiting Montauk, I would recommend making a reservation for dinner outside shortly before sunset – truly magical!
Here are a few places to check out while in Montauk…
- The Lighthouse – You don’t need to pay the fee to get up close and go in (which at $10 a head, seemed a little overpriced). In my opinion the better view is from the beach with you just take the path on the side of the property.
- Navy Beach – Amazing sunset and food. Definitely make a reservation in advance.
- The Surf Lodge – You have probably heard a ton about this place. It’s a super fun atmosphere day or night, usually with live music, but it can be hard to get in. Best suggestion is make a reservation for dinner way in advance and then you will already be in for the music (which on Saturdays goes on around 6:00).
- Gurney’s – One of my favorite resorts. Even if you are not staying there, it’s fun to spend a day at their beach club.
- The Gig Shack – BEST fish tacos I think I have ever had in my entire life (we all agreed).
- Rushmeyers – A fun spot to go to on a Friday or Saturday night (although again, go early to avoid a massive line). My favorite feature of this place is the large lawn where most people hang out.